I have 4 more treatments. Being able to count down on one hand, without using my thumb, really feels good. Speaking of feeling good, I'm not a physician, but it seems to me that I am blessed to be doing marvelously well. My stomach does not some gymnasitcs and hurts from time, when I hear natures call I have to answer promptly, and I'd say my energy level is about 75%. Overall, it's pretty good. My Dr. tells me that I should get over these side effects within a few weeks of finishing my radiation.

I'll be on the medication treatment--oral meds daily and a shot every 4 months--for about another 22 months. 

Clocks, cell phones, and calendars keep accurate track of time. Our mind and heart, however, function on a different chronology. At the beginning of this series of radiation treatments, 6 weeks seemed like a long, long time. Now, as I look back over the 5 weeks that are under my belt, so to speak, it seems they have passed pretty quickly. 

A very wise, older lady, who is with the Lord now, used to say about things I hadn't started yet, "You can't start any sooner than right now." You are probably facing something that you need deal with. You may be paralysed by dread. Take the first step. 

My journey isn't over yet. I have no guarantees about how this will turn out. From a medical viewpoint, it will probably go well. At 76 I'm closer to the end than the beginning, but I want the rest of my time on earth to count for eternity.


To all of you who have and are praying for me, THANK YOU!

L8R


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best We Can Do.

2/3s Done