2/3s Done
I've now completed 19 radiation treatments. I have 9 to go, 5 next week and 4 the week after. After I finished my exercise routine this morning, I was spent. I've remained without energy for the rest of the day. When the radiology tech called me from the waiting room to m my appoinment with the radiation machine, she asked me--they always do :)--"How are you doing?" I told her, "Your ray gun is getting to me." Her reply indicated, it's about the time this usually happens.
I'm glad I get the weekend off.
Turn's out my nick-name for the machine, "The Kingon Disruptor," isn't far from an acurate description.
On my trips back and forth to the radiation oncology clinic, I've been listening to a reading of Pilgrim's Progress. Bunyan's classic is an allegory about "Christian's" pilgramage to Mt. Zion--heaven. It's full of lessons, warnings, and Theology. A running theme is the comparison of comfort now, that leads to eternal loss; and difficulty and even pain now, in light of the delight that comes later. Spoiler alert: Christian makes it.
My current situation is clearly not anywhere near the importance--absolute importance--of decisions regarding heaven and hell, but it does serve as an illustration, feeble though it may be. My plan is to show up and be radiated 9 more times, and to continue my meds for the duration of the 2 years. There is good reason to believe it will be worth it.If you are interested in finding out more about that which is infinitely worth a life of following the Lord, though it be difficult at times, look at these scriptures and think on them.
Matthew 7:13-27
John 3:16-17
Ephesians 2:8-10
(Truth in advertizement) 2 Timothy 3:12
Churchill's statement (if, indeed he said it) is often stated as, "If you find yourself halfway through Hell, keep going."
I don't know about you, but I for one, am glad he led England to do just that. The way to eternal joy is hard, but the destination makes it worth it. Get on and keep on!
Comments
Post a Comment